Forums Dancehall Reggae Don't miss it!' Aaron Judge plans to 'hunt mistakes' -- and make pitchers pay

Posted March 21, 2018 02:14 AM

Recently, he has replicated it well, smacking a trio of hard base hits in consecutive games this past weekend. If he keeps doing that, 2018 could be as good -- if not better -- for the reigning American Stefon Diggs Jersey League Rookie of the Year.
Jaguars Official Jersey
“That was the biggest thing, just hunting the mistakes,” Judge said. “Don’t try to go out there where the good pitch is. Try to hunt those mistakes that people leave out there -- because there’s a lot of mistakes over the middle.” According to ESPN Stats & Information, in 55 games from July 14 (the Yankees' first game after the All-Star break) to Sept. 12 last year, Judge hit .185 with 11 home runs and a .392 slugging percentage. In the next 16 regular-season games, he batted .385 and led baseball with 11 home runs and a 1.115 slugging percentage.
Reebok NHL Youth Nicolas Meloche Blue Third Authentic Jersey - #59 Colorado Avalanche
Of the 20 hits Judge amassed in those final 16 games of the regular season, 14 were off pitches located in the middle of the strike zone. Half of the hits in those locations were home runs. To new Yankees manager Aaron Boone, Judge’s ability to hunt mistakes this season will be a matter http://www.officialsramsprostore.com/Cody_Wichmann_Jersey_Cheap of timing. “When he’s on time, then he owns the strike zone. He controls the strike zone. And that’s when you’re not chasing pitches you shouldn’t,” Boone said. “For me, if he’s traveling on time, then he’s deadly. And that’s a challenge for all hitters -- to find that good timing. Once you have that, you’re able to hit mistake off-speed pitches. But more importantly, it’s easier to lay off pitches the pitcher wants you to chase.”

Despite finishing the regular season with an American League-leading 52 home runs, Judge wasn’t quite a deadly hitter last postseason. He was mostly held in check in October, hitting .188 (9-for-48) with four homers, 27 strikeouts and a tame .500 slugging percentage. The playoffs notwithstanding, Judge rediscovered himself during the pennant chase because he wasn’t preoccupied with trying to crush sliders. “You’re never going to hit a good slider,” Judge said. “So for me, it’s about just focusing on my strengths -- and the bad [pitches]. I’m a baseball player, http://www.officialwarriorsproshop.com/stephen_curry_jersey.html I’m an athlete, you’re going to hit those anyway.

“So that’s kind of what I did the whole month of September. I just really focused back to my strengths and Doug Martin Womens Jersey what I do well. That helped me excel. Because then I started to see a lot more mistakes because people started to be more careful, and that’s when I’ve got to capitalize.” Opposing pitchers likely will be careful with him this season as Judge figures to bat second in a lineup that could include the speedy Brett Gardner ahead of him at leadoff, and then some combination of power hitters Greg Bird, Giancarlo Stanton and Gary Sanchez behind him.

With the threat of danger looming on deck and in the hole, pitchers can’t be too fine with Judge. Walk him, and a three-run homer with Gardner potentially also on base could be the result. “They’ve got all these guys around me that you don’t want to see them come up to the plate with runners on base,” Judge said. Look no further than Judge’s homer at Seattle last July 21 to see how successful he can be at “hunting” and hitting mistakes. The 437-foot shot nearly left Safeco Field, landing in a row of seats in the upper left-field bleachers. The blast -- with a 102.8 mph exit velocity -- had the Yankees’ Twitter account joking Judge “broke StatCast.”

The biggest thing for me with off-speed pitches like that is if you see it kind of pop up, that’s the one you want to kind of go for,” Judge said, snapping his fingers near his ear, mimicking the release of a curveball. “The ones you kind of see them come up, it’s ‘Here we go. Don’t miss it!’” Lately this spring, Judge hasn’t been missing many baseballs. He had a pair of sharp base hits to the left side in Saturday’s game against the Mets. The next day, he hit his first homer of spring training. The liner to left came off a fastball in the middle of the zone, and landed on the balcony of an adjacent building. It was one bold sign that as http://www.authenticslightningstore.com/-88-andrei-vasilevskiy-jersey_c-462.html Judge continues rounding into form following offseason shoulder surgery, his mistake-hunting philosophy could be the key to making him an even more dangerous hitter this year.

Judge told reporters in Sarasota, Florida, before Wednesday's spring training game between the Yankees and Baltimore Orioles that he pitched O's shortstop Manny Machado on coming to the Alfred Blue Jersey Bronx. The All-Star infielder will be a free agent next offseason. "Adding him to our lineup that we already got would be something special," Judge told reporters. "I told him he'd look good in pinstripes."

Judge's remarks did not go unnoticed by MLB, as the league issued a statement in regard to potential tampering. "We have been in contact with the Yankees. They communicated to us that Mr. Judge's off the cuff comments were not appropriate and not authorized by the club," the league said in its statement. "They will speak to him to make sure that this does not happen again."

Judge said Thursday that Yankees general manager Brian Cashman called him Wednesday night to tell him that "MLB is sensitive to that kind of stuff." Judge said the message sank in quickly, and that the phone call lasted about 30 seconds. "It was all new to me," Judge added. "Lesson learned."Judge also downplayed his pitch and said he now knows those talks are off limits. "It just kind of came up in passing," he said. "Now I know. You learn something new every day." cheap nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys from china wholesale jerseys cheap jerseys china

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Ultimate) © 2010-2024